Thursday, November 14, 2013

Work With What Ya Got

A couple of weeks ago I finished knitting Sugared Violet's for my knitting besties B-Day.  I took a couple of pictures of it blocking but didn't want to reveal anything on the blog until after I gave it to Lisa.
It's real hard to capture the color indoors.  At night.
I love love love this pattern and will probably make one for myself eventually.

I decided to try and do an outdoor photo shoot right before I gifted it but it was one of the windiest days of the year.
That didn't work so well.  But at least you can see the true color.

I realized yesterday that I never did get any good pictures of the shawl.  Lisa was coming over last night so I told her to bring it with her so I can get some final photos.

I forgot about that time change thing.  It was pitch black by the time she got there.  More indoor photos.
At night.

Maybe we will catch a nice day with the shawl and you can see it's real beauty.

For now, you just have to trust me.  



7 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful shawl! I love the color and, in the second photo, the edging reminds me of stained glass windows. Just beautiful!

Carole Julius said...

I can definitely tell that it's beautiful. I made one of those for myself and I love it!

Janet said...

It's really beautiful. I love the blue color. What a lovely gift!

Plain and Joyful Living said...

Just beautiful work Donna.

karen said...

Beautiful lacework and that time change has me stymied when taking photos!!

Tracey said...

It's beautiful Donna and I know your friend Lisa must love it to pieces.

Gale NoName said...

That design is just so lovely. Your version is gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails