Tuesday, November 19, 2013

10 on Tuesday

It's funny that Carole picked this TOT this week because I went through my yarn stash this past weekend and found enough yarn/fiber for several sweaters!  Now let me preface this with the fact that I have only knit 4 sweaters for myself so I don't have a lot of experience knitting them.  I do, however, have quite a large selection in my Rav Favorites.  It was hard to narrow it down to 5, but here ya go!


The sweaters

Sophisticate. I've made it 3 times and ill definitely make it again. Such an easy cozy sweater. And available in ALL sizes!

Low Tide Cardigan. I love the versatility of this one

Boxy. What a simple yet elegant design.  I would make the sleeves longer.  It looks like something to put on while sitting in front of the fire watching football (and knitting, of course).

Hiro. I'm definitely making a color work sweater this winter. I'm thinking this might be the one. 

Delancey Cardigan. It's such a cool design. 

And here are 5 favorite yarns that would be great to use:

Handspun. Hands down.  And I have quite the inventory apparently.

Mad tosh - any of them.  They are just beautiful and so very soft!

Noro.  While this isn't always the softest yarn in the world, you can't beat the colors

Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Tweed.  I have knit 2 sweaters with this and it is really soft.  And pretty economical.

Ball and Skein Sophia.  I love this yarn.  It drapes so nicely and is so soft.  And Judy is pretty awesome too!

I am anxious to see what everyone else put on their list.  Er, maybe I'm not.  My Rav list is already too long. Oh who am I kidding?  It can never be too long!    

4 comments:

margene said...

The desire for sweaters as grown measurably today!

Carole said...

Any of Judy's yarns are awesome! How's the pill factor on that Knit Picks tweed?

COSMO said...

Great sweaters. Pitty those are not for free:). As for a student it's hart enought to get money to buy yarn and save some time away from pub...
Just imagining buying it a see beer disapearing ultimately:) and I love beer:).
Have a great day!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Great list. I have been wanting to knit a few of these myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails