Monday, October 21, 2013

Rhinebeck

How do you describe the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival?  I took a few pictures to help those who have never gone so you can get the feel of it.  Not  nearly as many pictures as I would have liked, but there was shopping to do!
And this mass of people to maneuver around.  It was tough.  It was overwhelming.
It was Heaven!!!!
There was this line to get in.  But we stood on it for about 30 seconds.  An angel came over to the three of us and gave us tickets to get in - for free. She said she arranged a bus tour and had extras so she wanted us to have them.  We were ever so grateful.
Look at how cool that display is.  It makes me want to go home and rearrange my stash.
This was outside the Fiber Optik booth.  I had my hands on some and I ended up putting it back.  I did that with a lot of vendors that I knew I could order from online.  The lines at some booths were endless.  I really wanted some Miss Babs but I couldn't justify the waiting on a line 50 people deep.  I can be patient and get another time.
There was beauty and color all around.  Everywhere you turned you felt like gasping "oooo - look!".  The vendors, the yarn, the fall colors everywhere.

And what did I end up buying?  I'll share in another post.  I haven't taken pictures of it yet.  I spent Sunday recovering from the trip!

4 comments:

Carole said...

It looks as amazing and beautiful as ever. Sigh.

karen said...

It's because of the crowds that I chose to stay home every single year. I dislike people in great quantities. Love the photos and can't wait to see what you bought!!!

Patty said...

Oh so beautiful and exciting. Next year for sure!

flyingjen said...

I keep hearing about Rhinebeck. I don't like crowds. I think I would totally make an exception though for Rhinebeck. Maybe that is where I'll go next year. Just a little mama alone time with some yarn and a whole lotta people!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails