I sort of already covered this weeks 10 On Tuesday topic - 10 goals for 2013. So I decided to to a check up on myself and see if I could name 10 things I am doing to try and accomplish those goals.
1. I have been reading every day. Even if it's a page or two out of a simple book - like the one pictured above that my hubby got me for Christmas.
2. I started to swatch for a sweater for myself. And I'm using hand spun.
3. I was lucky enough to be gifted a pattern this past weekend and I'm using more of my hand spun to cast that on next. I was kinda stuck on what pattern to use but it became quite evident when Gail sent me this. For those who don't know, the designer, Karrie Steinmetz passed away unexpectedly last month. Many people in the knitting community have been gifting this pattern in order to help support her family, which includes 2 young children.
4. I spent my Christmas bonus on ME for a change and bought myself some good earbuds.
5. I have shut the TV off unless I am watching something specific. This has freaked my family out a bit.
6. I arranged to take an extra day off for the weekend of my spinning retreat.
7. We visited a friend who recently got a puppy. We then remembered how much work they are. We adopted a hamster immediately thereafter. (Dog is on hold till spring for sure).
8. I am moving right along with all my knitting projects. I even stayed in the office today and knit instead of going out to get lunch.
9. I have found a couple of ways to "pay it forward" which goes along with my volunteer goals.
10. I have been ignoring the "negative" attitudes of others. Not always easy to do.
So how are your 2013 Goals going?