Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving

I'm skipping Yarn Along this week.  Mainly because I totally forgot to take pictures of my knitting in process and also because I have been preoccupied with the holiday.  And it got me thinking about how we spend it. This meme had been sent to me years ago and I don't think I ever did it on the blog.  So here you go.....


1. Where do you go for Thanksgiving dinner?  We stay home and cook.  
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird? Hubby is the master of bargain shopping and he is best buddies with the local butcher.  He goes in a week ahead, picks out which frozen bird he wants and they hold it for us until we need it.  
3. What kind of stuffing? Moms home made sausage stuffing.
4. Favorite kind of pie?  Pumpkin pie - without a doubt .
5. How do you prepare your bird? Again - hubby is the cook.  He marinates it the day before in beer, apple cider, spices, and a whole bunch of yummy stuff.  He injects into the meat too.  On Turkey Day he fries it.  There are never any left overs.  None.  
6. Favorite side dish? My onion shortbread.  
7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? No.  I'm not a fan of turkey soup.
8. What new dish are you trying this year? I found a recipe for creme brulee pie so I'm trying it.  Also, pumpkin martinis!  
9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? I get up early to get set up, but most of my cooking has been done beforehand.  I leave the kitchen for hubby and I watch the parade and clean up behind him.  
10. If you go to somebody else’s house, what’s your favorite dish to bring? I have always eaten at home, but if I were to go out I would probably bring the desserts (especially the pumpkin pie).
11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn’t bring to your house? Appetizers.  I'm not big on prepping all that stuff so I like when others bring.
12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you’re happy to see? No drama.  It's not allowed.  My divorced parents both come with their spouses and we all get along and have a great time.  There are also friend that drop in and out throughout the day.  It's all good
13. What’s your absolute favorite thing on the menu? Probably the turkey because it's the only time of year that we get to have it since it's a lot of work!
However you spend your Thanksgiving, please have a happy, healthy and thankful one.


2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I love this meme because it really gives a look into your holiday traditions. Sounds like you'll have a great day tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving!

karen said...

I hope you have a lovely thanksgiving just like it looks in your Q and A!!! I would love to eat just about everything you listed :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails