Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Yarn Along

After yesterdays post about how my knitting motivation has been non-existent lately I thought about it.  I think a lot of the problem were the self-imposed deadlines.  I was putting pressure on myself to knit what I was "supposed" to knit.  And really - I don't "have" to knit anything.  I was kind of turning it into a job!  So I sat back and thought "what do I WANT to work on right now?".  I was not casting on anything new (I have 4 WIPs to pick from).  And I picked my Hitchhiker Scarf.


My camera cord went missing so I took some quick Iphone shots - excuse the awful quality.


It was difficult to capture the color changes.  I love this yarn I had in my stash and I'm glad I'm finally using my first Zauerball purchase from years back.


And I'm happily knitting away like everyone else in Yarn Along.  I'm not reading anything of real interest lately.  But I'm knitting again - let's just enjoy that for now.  Small bites......

14 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty! I have to say that happens to me too....I tell myself I have to something done by a certain date then I stop knitting for a long time. My other problem is when I finish something and don't have a clear idea of what to start next. Sitting and looking through the Ravelry pages always helps BUT sometimes I get so overwhelmed there that THAT makes me stall & not knit too.

a little crafty nest said...

Ooooooh, I love the scarf! Well, anything rainbowy, really. Sometimes, a new project is all the oomph yuo need to get going again. And great, now you have 5 projects to pick from :)
xo Jules

Sarah S said...

What a really pretty yarn. Congrats on finding some mojo.

Hanni said...

This yarn has exciting shades. So cool for the autumn.

flyingjen said...

I like the rainbow look of the scarf. I think that is why I have 4 or 5 projects going at one time. I get bored and can work on another. On the flip side though, I never feel like I accomplish anything. Thanks for stopping by my random thoughts.

sweetpea family said...

thanks for visiting my blog - I agree knitting and crochet should be fun. your scarf looks good and I love the colours :)

karen said...

I haven't knit with that yarn yet but my sister did and it looked lovely! I really do not like deadline knitting so glad you shook off the pressure!!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Glad the mojo came back...I have yet to use my Zauberballs....but I think a Hitchiker might be in my future..

Sarah said...

That yarn looks delicious!

Heather L. said...

Your yarn is beautiful! I haven't seen yarn like that before.

Sylvía said...

Thanks for the visit! I so hear you on the knitting motivation. I try to make myself finish ongoing projects before starting new ones, but sometimes I'm just not feeling it, you know? Shouldn't be any rules and regulations regarding knitting, it should be fun!

Love the rainbow colors!

a soulful life said...

The colours are stunning! What a beautiful scarf. Love the name of it too :)

stitchin' girl said...

I can totally relate to how deadline knitting kind of kills the creative spirit. I don't do that anymore - I only knit what I want when I want and I seem to be knitting more than ever :o)

I love that zauberball yarn - such lovely, vibrant colors!

stitchin' girl said...

I too dislike deadline knitting and try to avoid it at all costs!

The colors on that yarn are so vibrant and lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails