Monday, July 16, 2012
Summer Goal Check
1. Knit Evenstar. A big yes to that. I am on chart 2. I don't think I will finish it by the end of the summer because it takes severe concentration. So it's done in little bits here and there. Totally loving it though.
2. Go hiking. Nope. Not once. I had great goals of going to the gym and running on the treadmill and getting into great shape. Only problem is that I needed a reality check. I am extremely overweight. I have abused my body for 40 plus years. I had to run through a battery of tests before the Dr. would even let me take walks due to my high blood pressure. The process is slower than I want but I am taking baby steps. And it feels good. I can't reverse all I have done in a couple of months. But as long as there is forward progress it's a good thing.
3. Go to the gym - see #2.
4. Have a yard sale. I started the process of purging stuff I don't want. I have it in different bins. I am thinking the yard sale will happen in the fall, so I think we are doing good.
5. Warp my loom. See picture above. Details to follow this week.
6. Read. I am doing it!
7. Research the "later in life" career options. Yes! I have a few projects I am working on. Will share at a later date.
8. Eat more local food. This has been easier due to the opening of local market a block away. It is awesome.
9. Give up soda. Eh - definitely have cut way back. My favorite drink is ice water with lemon. I also stocked up on Mio, crystal lite, etc.. for some variety. But water is good old stand by. I grab a coke when I feel like I need a little boost.
10. Enjoy the summer. 100% YES. I have done more spinning, knitting, reading, going to the movies, and just enjoying time with the family.
So far summer has been a win