Tuesday, July 31, 2012
10 On Tuesday
I loved Carole's 10 On Tuesday today. It is 10 Good Deed I Did This Week. Some of the deeds I did a week or so ago, but I'll count them because it's important to be kind, ya know?
1. I rounded up all my purchases at the Farmers Market on Saturday and gave the extra to the farmers. It's only small change but they were all so appreciative.
2. I took in the recycle bins for hubby. Not a big deal, but I wanted to save him the trip.
3. I let a mom with 3 little ones cut in front of me at the Red Box machine. I remember what those days were like.
4. I fed 5 kids at least half the days last week. You know I have ONE child right? There is almost always another teenager around (I won't even count her boyfriend because after almost 4 years he is just part of the family) because only-children don't like being "alone". It's all good though because we love having them around and I always wanted a lot of kids anyway.
5. I kept my mouth shut. You know the saying "when you having nothing good to say......". Yeah, I was quiet. Trust me - it was difficult. And it was most charitable.
6. I loaded up the toilet paper in the ladies room at work. I also loaded up the paper towels. I hate going in there and seeing the holders empty.
7. I bought my daughter a new mascara that she wanted. Buying make-up is one of her "expenses". I'll keep you clothed and fed, but now that you have a job, you can make yourself beautiful (but she doesn't need make-up for that anyway).
8. I spun some yarn for a friend who needed it to finish a project she was making for her moms birthday.
9. I gave a ton of zucchini and tomatoes to the neighbors. We do this every year. We give a lot to my parents as well.
10. I let that cat sleep in my basket full of roving and I didn't even chase her out.
So what have you done to be kind lately?