Summertime is one time of year that brings back so many childhood memories. That's why I liked Carole's 10 on Tuesday this week.
10 Ways to Feel Like a Kid Again
1. Eat snow cones. This reminds me of the ice cream man that would come up and down our street. Snow cones were my favorite.
2. Go to the beach. My aunt's favorite summer outing with us kids was to go to the beach. Although I'm not such a huge fan of sand in my shoes anymore, I love hearing the ocean and smelling the salt air.
3. Play games. We would stay up till all hours playing Monopoly when we were kids. We do this now with my daughter and her friends, but the games have changed a bit (Have you tried Loaded Questions? Teens make that one interesting).
4. Go in the pool. We always had a pool growing up and as soon I jump in one now I feel like a big kid!
5. Go to an amusement park. We had Adventureland about 15 minutes from our house growing up and it a blast. I wish we had something similar near us up here.
6. Go on an adventure. Whether it be hiking or even taking a drive to a new place. It's so much fun to explore new things.
7. Hula hoop. These hips just don't work like they used to, but damn it's fun to try. Does anybody remember Hippity Hops? It was a big rubber balloon that had a handle and you jumped on it. Don't know if my back could take that one anymore. I'll stick with the hooping.
8. Go to Carvel - or any soft serve ice cream shop. Carvel was right down the road from me and there was nothing better than a vanilla cone with rainbow sprinkles. Sadly all the Carvels have closed up here so it's another one of those NY treats I only get to indulge in once in a while.
9. Try a different craft. Each year we would learn something new - one year we painted sea shells and made them into necklaces (my mom still has one). Another year it was pony beads. I'm sure knitting and crochet fell in there one year.
10. Be silly. Try not to take life so seriously all the time. Kids are a good reminder of that.
What's on you list?