Carole put up her 10 on Tuesday post this past week and it was exactly that - 10 goals of summer. So here is mine:
1. Knit the Evenstar shawl. I bought myself a set of Signature Needles with stiletto points and have some lace yarn in my stash. I'm not sure if I am up to the challenge, but I want to give it a go.
2. Go hiking. I have so many trails and great places to walk and hike and I never go. The following goal might make it easier:
3. Go to the gym. I have a membership but I never go. I'm just not in the mood when I get home from work around 6:00. I'm thinking I will go early in the morning (the gym is open 24 hours) and see how that works. Whatever the time - I need to make it.
4. Have a yard sale. I usually hate to do this, but I have so much "stuff" in my house that I don't want to just throw out. I am going to have to dedicate a weekend to gathering, selling, then subsequently donating whatever does not sell. I dread doing this, but I know I will feel so much better afterwards.
5. Warp my loom. I have a few projects in my head that I would like to work on. I love weaving outside in the summer.
6. Read. Alot. My whole life I was a huge reader. Until. I. Started. Knitting. With the Nook I can do both at the same time if I am working on a simple project.
7. Start researching that "later life career". You know - when you are getting ready to retire, but don't want to quit working entirely? I have some ideas and plan on doing some research. Mid-life is here (as much as I hate to admit it) and if there is no plan...... well, you know how that goes.
8. Eat more local food. I am reading (can you call listening to an audio book reading?) "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" and it fascinated me how eating local affects so many things such as fuel consumption, etc...
9. Give up soda. This my friends, is going to be the toughest on my list. I love my coca cola. And I don't do the diet kind - I love the hardcore old fashioned full of sugar and caffeine variety. An exorcism might be in order to rid the craving.
10. Enjoy the summer and relax. Stressed out seems to be my new normal and that is just plain old silly. Life is way too short.
Anybody have any goals for their summer?