Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Winter Spin

We have had an incredibly mild winter.  I'm hearing that this jetstream will be with us for a while, which is nice for our oil needs (or lack of them).  We have been heating the house mostly with the wood stove so it's been a pleasure on our wallet.  However, word is that this mild winter will lend itself to a hot humid summer for us - for which we will be needing electricity to keep those air conditioners going!  Has anybody else heard this?

I usually get at least one weekend during the winter months where I can sit on the back deck and spin.  I require a jacket and a scarf, but I'm out there in the sun and it feels wonderful.  This year I had on a sweat shirt and was comfortable.  There was no wind (which is rare when you live near the water) and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I worked on my fleece that I washed and have been hand carding.


It was beautiful to be out there. 
The cool breezes started in the evening and I finished the last bobbin inside.  I even got to ply it up on the Louet (my plying machine).  It has alot of texture, which is fine by me.  I am imagining it being a big bulky sweater for myself with little design element so I'm happy with the result.

(photo credit - my daughter Nicole, who insists this offset picture would earn her an A in her photography class).

Next to black cat for contrast.  It isn't quite black, but it's not a grey either.  The colors change here and there but I haven't been able to capture that in pictures.

It depends on the light.  In this picture it looks very grey.

I have about 4 more pounds to spin, so I'm sure I'll get better pictures at some point.






3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I love getting the chance to spin on the deck in the winter. You got a lot done that day!

Gale Bulkley said...

I like the weight of that yarn Donna.

Adrie said...

Beautiful yarn!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails