Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Morning or Night Person?

I have always liked the idea of rising early in the morning, doing some reading, having some coffee, some alone time, maybe even knit for a while, and just time to reflect on the day. Reality - I like my sleep.  And when it's cold out, I love sleeping in with my down comforter.  There is nothing more comfortable!  As much as I want to leap out of bed, I stay there and embrace the warmth as long as I can.  More reality - my husband is usually up at 5:00, so there is no "alone" time.  He goes to bed much earlier than me. My alone time seems to be at night these days.  So while I'm getting a lot of knitting done, and enjoying some "me" time, it seems to be happening at night. 

This lead me to think about that "are you a morning or a night person"?  Are you more efficient first thing in the morning, or are you a night owl?  I guess I am both.  In the winter when the days are shorter, I stay awake longer and rise later.  However when the spring arrives, I find myself up early and on my back deck enjoying the view and knitting or reading.  I feel like a slacker for not rising early in the morning these days for some reason.   So are you a morning or a night person? 

While digging through the stash this weekend to find some yarn for the Elowen Shawl I found a sock I had started at least a year ago.  I had gotten the yarn at one of the fiber festivals (do you know that festival season begins in about 8 weeks?  How exciting is that?) and fell in love with the colors.  I'm thinking I had put it aside due to the size 1 needles and the dark yarn (well, at least some portion of the yarn is dark).





It's Zauerball Crazy in color 1511.  It's a good thing I'm on a sock yarn stash busting expedition or I know I would be ordering more.  Maybe I'll just take a peek and see if they have any new colors...

5 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

It's generally the opposite in my house - I am like your husband, and my husband more like you.

Love the colour of that zauberball.

Carole Knits said...

I am definitely a morning person. If I sleep past 7am I feel like I have wasted the day away!

Mary said...

morning person here, too! thankfully my husband leaves for work around 6am M-F so he doesn't interrupt me. I love when he "sleeps in" til 7 on the weekends so I still have an hour or two to myself.

pretty socks!!

Unknown said...

I am DEFIANTLY a night person! No matter how tired I am at 7pm once 10pm hits I am wide awake and ready to do things. BUT I am trying to go to bed earlier (by 10:30...I know thats not early but to me it is!) that way I can be up by 7 to have an hour or so by myself before the little one wakes up. I like to start a load of laundry; have my coffee; check blogs; write my own blog post; etc. That way when she gets up I can spend time with her and not be thinking about what I want to do to start the day. My husband is up at 4am and leaving for work by 5:30 so we never see each other in the morning :-(

Sarah said...

Morning Person Here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails