Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Allisons Mittens

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments, emails, facebook posts, etc... about Magnum.  I am loved.  And I am blessed.  You guys are awesome!

Onto some knitting, huh?  My god daughter Allison had asked for some "hobo mittens" for Christmas.  Do you think I just went on Ravelry and found a pattern and knitted away?  Nah..  That would be too easy.  And so unlike me.  I finished a couple of days before Christmas and I think they came out pretty nice. 



It was self striping yarn - and of course I don't remember the name of it (I can't remember my own name lately) but it worked well.  I have to re-write the pattern so it makes sense to somebody besides myself, then have it test knit, and then I can share it with you.  I'm hoping to have that done within a month or so. 



I am making a pair for myself next out of my hand spun.  I think the "removable" portion of the mitten will make it more functional for everyday use.  I love my mittens, but I have to take them off to drive and that leaves me with cold hands.  These should work out perfect. 

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Those are great and should be perfect for handspun!

Donna said...

Thanks Gale - I will email the pattern over to you as soon as I finalize it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails