Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Weekend

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and warm wishes yesterday. Yesterday was difficult at best. Grief councelors were at school and helped the kids to cope with their emotions. They held a candle light vigil last night and it was healing for all these kids to get together and talk and remember Cayla. Nicole understands that things will get better with time. Life goes on.
So those who guessed that a spinning retreat was my destination last weekend - you were correct. We arrived at Sacred Heart Retreat Center on Friday afternoon. The grounds are just incredible. We went for a nice walk on Saturday afternoon.
And there was some spinning. Boy was there spinning!
Karen was a new spinner who started spining this
And by the end of the weekend she spun this
Some carded batts
There was weaving
And more to come tomorrow...

5 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I'm so sorry about your daughter's friend. It sounds like your retreat was awesome.

calicokitty6 said...

I'm sorry about Nicole's friend.

It looks like you had a great time at your retreat. My knitting one is coming up in March. We go to Plymouth. :)

Unknown said...

I am so so sorry for your daughter and obviously her friend. You are in my thoughts.

I have a spinning wheel but have never been able to put it all together - I am a sad case for sure. Your weekend sounds perfect.

I LOVE weaving; so exciting!

Heather said...

beautiful yarn! i would love to learn to spin. there is a fair in maine that i love to go to every year called the common ground fair. they have an entire tent of people spinning yarn, and there is a lovely lady who has a large rabbit sit on her lap and she spins right from there. i too am looking forward to the whole foods workshop! hopefully it will get my mindset into eating healthier. I try, but then when I run out of time i end up getting take out somewhere...and it goes down hill from there :-)

Shelley in SC said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog : ). Wow . . . I am so impressed by the ability to spin. That has to be a great feeling, turning big lumps of "fuzz" into beautiful, usable yarn!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails