Thursday, January 26, 2012

Some FOs You Might Like

I'm the first to admitt that I am terrible with taking pictures. When I first got my Iphone I took alot of pictures with it (and still do)but it's going on 3 years old so the quality isn't great. I have my digital camera (a simple Sony Cybershot) but if I took decent quality pictures it only had the capability to hold 10 pictures at a time. Not very convenient. So hubby bought me this memory card and I can now fit over 5000 pictures on my little camera. So while I save my pennies for a DSLR I can explore the options this little guy has without having to upload my pics every 10 shots. I realized that I have many many FO's that I have never shown you. I will get to taking pictures of all of them, but here are two (one is quite old) that I have not blogged about yet.
This was a cowl pattern that I kinda made up as I went along. It's knit from cormo I had spun up from my fiber share from Juniper Moon Farm . I can't tell you how squishy and warm that cowl is. I love cormo. Cormo was the very first fleece I bought (I don't recommend this as a first fleece project if you plan on processing the fleece yourself - the amount of lanolin is ridiculous and the long staple can be tough to card). I started washing and carding myself but quickly realized that this was far too much work for this girl. I loved the fact that this came all washed, carded and ready to spin from Juniper Moon. It is by far the warmest cowl I own and I use it the most. I finished my hat over the weekend. It' the Coffee Beanz Hat. I really should have some shots of it ON somebody's head but getting Harry to model for me? Let's just say he did his part by getting me the memory card..
. It was knit it Univeral Yarns Classic Shades . It's a combo of wool and acrylic and it's not itchy at all like I thought it would be. I have another whole skein that I think I might try and knit mittens from (I realized during the last snow storm that I, a knitter and spinner, have NO mittens - this is now an emergency).

2 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

That IS and emergency.

Mary said...

love that cormo cowl. I've knit with juniper moon's chadwick and lace...and if I were a spinner, I'll bet that fleece would be amazing!! (maybe spring will come fast and you can knit mittens before NEXT winter?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails