Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Last Skein

Socks That Rock - my favorite sock yarn. Notice the rockin skein I picked up over the Christmas break during my visit to WEBS.
Magnum is always willing to model for me.
That's the last skein I will get to purchase for a while. I decided to participate in the 2012 Stash Busting Challenge This is all part of my attempt to simplify my life in 2012. I cleaned the Yarn Loft, aka - the mess of a room upstairs that houses my yarn, fiber, loom, wheels, etc... out a bit and was pleased to discover that I only had one large rubbermaid container full of store bought yarn, one big bag of hand spun yarn, and a seperate container for my sock yarn. The sock yarn is where I have been glutonous - I have enough yarn to knit 30 pairs of socks. My goal for this year is to not buy any more sock yarn until I have most of that stash knitted up. I'm just not sure if I can knit 30 pairs of socks in one year! What do you think?

6 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Oh Donna, I am so in the same boat, but with laceweight. Stash for about 28 or 30 shawls. Easily 3 years of nothing but lace knitting. Ugh. What was I thinking?

Carole Knits said...

30 pairs in a year? Ummm. We need to talk.

Beth said...

Maybe lots of socks and lots of shawls? I know there is no way I could knit 30 pairs of socks in a year!

calicokitty6 said...

I'm working on using my stash too. There are still a few exceptions to the shopping like my knitting guild retreat, CT S&W in April and the Fiber Festival of New England in November.

I'm planning to use some of it on the looms. That's a fast way to get it down. :)

Mary said...

30 pairs breaks down to a pair every 12 days. assuming you still want to eat and sleep and knit (and spin) some other stuff, I think it sounds like A LOT! of sock knitting!

Unknown said...

I LOVE socks that rock! 30 pairs is a lot of socks. But maybe don't use it all for socks? There's some gorgeous shawl patterns that call for sock yarn!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails