Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I'm Not Knitting For Christmas


During a visit to my cousins house over the summer we were playing cards. They were playing cards - I was knitting. Cousin Donna gasps -"you KNIT!!". My Hubby pipes up, " Not only does she knit, she spins her own yarn, she weaves - she's amazing.". Thank you for the shameless plug honey. This leads to her asking "Can you knit me slippers? We buy these slippers every couple of years at this craft fair and they no longer do the fair anymore.". She proceeds to show me the slippers. Not very pretty. And they need to be knitted in God awful acrylic yarn because they need to be able to be washed. I get the two pairs knitted up in short order (because her husband needs them too). They are wicked easy and knit up in no time really.

Since this has been my No Brain knitting that I take everywhere the slippers have amassed quite the audience. And twice the response. Mostly sounding like this. "I want a pair of those!" or "make those for me for Christmas.".

Seriously?

This is what I have been looking at these days.






I'm rewarding myself with burning my Yankee Candle in Holiday Sage which has been discontinued.

The slippers will continue.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

I so feel your pain. Please make them learn how to make their own slippers....

Gale Bulkley said...

I feel your pain. Make them learn how to make those slippers as a present to yourself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails