Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Knit Nothing Spin Zero

Yep - that about sums up the creativity in the house lately. I did finish spinning my cotton candy looking batt.



I got the color changes I wanted. It's too darn thin though. I tried to go back and Navajo ply it. Can't be done after the twist is set I'm guessing because it looked like Ramen noodles no matter what I did. So I'm knitting with it as is but I'm not happy with it. I was hoping for bulky yarn - which apparently I'm an epic fail at because as thick as I think I'm spinning at the time - it's still too thin.

My order from Webs came in so I can finish up my Multnomah. The dye lot is different but I think it will work with all the color changes. But I'm not jumping to finish it.

I have been preoccupied with my Nook for sure. I'm still searching for the books I want and it's so easy for me to overbuy so I'm using some restraint here. Wayne found an IPad holder that I can use to prop my nook up while I knit. We found it in 5 Below. What a fun store! I highly suggest a trip if you have one in your area.

And speaking of Wayne (my daughters boyfriend of over 2 years for those who don't know) he graduated high school this past weekend! We had a fun weekend celebrating with his family and it was great to see him reach this milestone.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

bySarah said...

LOVE the way your yarn came out.
Hope your creativity creeps back up on you. In the meantime, ENJOY THAT NOOK!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails