Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hurry Up!

This year I made a concentrated effort to keep the holidays more simple and just enjoy it. My tree isn't up yet - it still looks like Thanksgiving in my house. No lights outside yet. I cut way back on the gifts. With the exception of a few items I am done with my shopping. Not sure if I am sending out Christmas cards this year. I didn't last year and we all lived. When Nicole was little I was busy taking the perfect picture to put in the Christmas card and rushed to get them out in the mail. Now that she is older, and not so willing to sit for a photo session during these teen years, I am not so compelled to have to get the cards done. So if you are reading this and don't get a card from my family please know that we love you, but just didn't get around to putting it in writing.

I have been reading about the Red Scarf Project for a couple of years now and each holiday season seems to be busier than the last - so I never got to do it. I did some charity knitting last year and enjoyed the feeling of helping others during the crazy season. It put the focus back on the real meaning of Christmas. I have been working on my red scarf and have a little more to go.



The pattern is Palindrome and it couldn't be any easier. I was intimidated by the cables. I have done them before but I don't love them. These are reversible and it gave me the idea to make an afghan in the same pattern.

So the scarf needs to be sent by 12/15. I want to get it in the mail by tomorrow which means I have to do a decent amount of knitting today and tonight. I'm in work all day, then Nicole's show opens tonight - doesn't leave much time for knitting. It's not the type of project you can do in the dark in the theater.

And speaking of traveling with knitting - what do you do when you leave your cable needle at home? Well, I can cable without one, but this yarn is slippery and was a hassle to do without.



Yeah - it's a Q-tip. Thanks Lisa.

1 comment:

livnletlrn said...

Hey, smart idea w/ the Q-tip and I like that it wouldn't slip out of the stitches.

I too just finished a red scarf, haven't sent xmas cards for yrs, and have a dau. gearing up for performances this weekend!

I sent you a Ravmail yesterday. No rush for a response, but I'd love to get your input on something.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails