Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend in Productivity

It was a beautiful Halloween weekend. I don't think the kids could have asked for better weather. Here in New England it was almost 70 degrees during the day. It was windy (what else is new) but it never felt cold. Even when the kids went out trick or treating around 7 it was great.

I had some treats of my own. I finished my fingerless gloves



I just use a simple rib pattern that I made up myself. With the weather turning cold this week (we haven't even turned the heat on in the house yet, although we have used the woodstove) I know they will be put to good use in the early mornings. They are great when I get into the office early and there is still a chill in the air. I can get on my computer and start working without my hands going numb.

The yarn is hand spun yak that I had gotten at Rhinebeck last year. Talk about SOFT. Oh my gosh. Words can't describe it. I spun it on my Golding Spindle. Did I mention how much I love that spindle? Yeah - more about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

cindy said...

Those are yummy mitts made of handspun alpaca!Missed you at the Spin In.

Jessica said...

Yak on your hands?! EEeeewwww! ;) Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm actually just jealous. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails