Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More Weekend Productivity

I was going to sing the praises of my spindle today but I realized that I didn't download the pictures I wanted to use. So that will have to wait again.

Besides finishing my Yak fingerless gloves, I got some more carding done on my Jacob fleece. It was so beautiful outside that I couldn't resist bringing the carder onto the deck. The only problem was the wind. I did have some fleece blowing around, and even though my hubby complains about having white puff balls all over the yard (well, he doesn't complain, he justs makes silly comments about it) I insist it will be used by the birds and squirrels for nesting material. Sounds good, huh?

Speaking of the husband, today is a rather large milestone for him. It's his 50th birthday! He has never been one to celebrate birthdays in a large fashion - unlike me, who celebrates for the entire month of May and sometimes into June - so there will be no party. We are going out for dinner tonight at a new Japanese Hibachi Restaurant with the family. I'm sure there will be more celebrating over the weekend!

I also got some knitting done on an old sock I had laying around. I love the Autumn colorway. And I can't honestly remember what the yarn is.


The biggest problem with picking up a project from long ago - getting guage! I think I have it under control though.

I really have to remember to keep my camera in the car with me. Last night my daughter and I were dropping her boyfriend off at home and we drove past a cemetary. My daugher yelled "Look! Look at all the deer in there!". We drove into the cemetary and they practically came up to the car. She was so excited because she had never seen a deer that close before. Nature is awesome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails