Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So What Did I Get?

With the missing of Rhinebeck I went to Stitches with a mental list and no guilt about buying anything: Find Socks That Rock, buy another set of those dp square needles, knit on the big sock, and possibly get some yarn for the Spiral Wrap (rav link).
Socks that Rock - check. I am thinking I will make my usual simple ribbed socks. I have to finish two other pairs first before I sink my teeth into this. I will, however, be using these:

I bought a set in 5" length. Not long enough for my liking. I bought the longer ones this weekend. Awesome I tell ya. Thanks for the suggestion Margene.

If I could marry this yarn, I would. It is Blue Moon Fiber Arts BFL Sport. It is so soft and it will be beautiful for my Spiral Wrap. But I can't start that until I finish Tasha Tudor. The shawl is easy to knit up. Till you get to the edging. Oh. My. Gosh. It is like cutting the lawn with cuticle scissors. Slow is all I can say.

Check out this little extra:

I had got the Zuma bag to use as a handbag as well as a regular knitting bag. I ended up not using it so much because it didn't have a shoulder strap. Loved the bag, but it didn't work for me. I caught this wallet at Stitches and had the great idea to use the strap for the bag.

I have used the bag every day since.

2 comments:

livnletlrn said...

that BMFA BFL Sport makes my heart go pitter pat.

calicokitty6 said...

I got to knit on the Big Sock last night at Slater Mill. It was so busy at Rhinebeck, I never had the opportunity.

Love the bag and the yarn. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails