Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Christmas Meme

I've already gotten this e-mail twice and read about it on Carole's and JessaLu's blogs so it's now my turn. Whoever reads, please feel free to do the same. It's so much fun to see everyone's answers.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags are the best invention - EVER. I heard of an even better idea yesterday: buy the re-usable shopping bags from Target (red and festive) and use those as gift bags. The recipient can use the bag and the present. How smart is that?
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real - I love the smell.
3. When do you put up the tree? Second week in December
4. When do you take the tree down? Second week in January
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes - Southern Comfort brand please
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Rub a Dub Dolly and Atari. We stayed up all night playing that thing. My parents stayed up all Christmas Eve hoping we wouldn't come downstairs and catch them!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother - what do you buy for the person who just buys everything they want?
8. Easiest person to buy for? Nicole
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes - but I need a new one. It's pretty icky and broken by now.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Usually mail - this year, probably e-mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Don't think I ever got a BAD one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Polar Express, Elf, Christmas Vacation
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 26th - I'm at the Christmas Tree Shop first thing in the AM to get the bargains
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so....
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Italian Cheesecake and strouffoli (Italian honey balls)
16. Lights on the tree? Yes -clear ones
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night and Merry Christmas Darling (that one makes me think of my first Christmas with hubby when we were dating - he was at his parents and I was at my grandparents and was missing him terribly on Christmas night)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We have stayed home since Nicole was born. We did travel before she came along to see the in-laws but have not in 13 years.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Absolutely
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crowds and traffic
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Home-made ones
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? A laptop (hear that Santa?)
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel - we did have a star but it pooped out after 20 years
25. Favorite Christmas dinner? Christmas Eve it is the fish (typical Italian family, huh?) but Christmas day it is Prime Rib.

1 comment:

JessaLu said...

What a great list! I like the idea of using a reusable shopping bag as a gift bag - thanks! :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails