Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Knitting - Check

The last of my Christmas knitting was done last night.



Once I got going they really did fly. I adopted the pattern from Carole and I must say that I am anxious to do another pair like that.

Now that my Christmas knitting is officially done (did I mention that I have another pair of socks that I really am supposed to knit - well, my best friend asked if I could knit a pair for her mom for Christams but she hasn't asked anymore - I won't be seeing my friend till after Christmas so I might be able to squeak out a pair before I see her but no pressure) I am onto my selfish knitting.

On the way home from taking Nicole to rehearsal I stopped Sakonnet Purls. I mean, how to do you not stop at the yarn shop that is 4 miles from your house if you happen to pass it by per chance? Thank goodness I don't go to that end of town too often or it could be ugly. Do you think anything came home with me? You betcha.

It's very Noro like. It's all wool and pretty soft.

The price was right - just $6 per skein as opposed to the $10.95 for the Noro. It's definitely not as soft as the Silk Garden but I think it will work. And what could possibly be on the needles?

Not only is that cowl addicting to knit, it's addicting to wear. I have it on ALL the time. No matter what I am wearing it just warms me up. I love it.

Nicole has her Christmas show today and we are getting more snow - shocking isn't it. It is supposed to get really cold tonight and all is supposed to freeze so I plan on being back in my house before the wind starts to blow and freeze all that it touches. You can find me knitting and oh my, even spinning perhaps, with my eggnog next to the fire.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, whatever you may be doing.

1 comment:

livnletlrn said...

Whoa! VERY Noro-like!! I'll have to keep my eyes open for that yarn. Thanks for the heads up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails