Sunday, August 3, 2008

Summer Days

I can't believe it is already August. Where is the summer going?

I have been spending my mornings (at least the ones that I get up early enough for) on the deck listening to podcasts, knitting, and plurking. Do you plurk? If not - you should. We are having a great time over there. What is plurk you ask? It is like a big chatroom where we all converse. Mostly knitters are on my friends list. We just share snippets of our day - what projects we are working on, how the weather is where we live, what we are doing or where we are going. It sounds sort of pointless but let me assure you that it is addicting. It can be a time sucker though.

So what's on the needles? Well, not much progress on the Sprout Cardi. It's just too dang hot. I have finished one pair of the sock blank socks.

They are the softest pair of socks ever. They are being gifted (shhhh - it's a secret!).

Cricket Love Song Socks got done

These might be a gift as well - not too sure if I am willing to part with them.

I have been doing lots of spinning. Working on some stash. I want to make Pi Are Square Shawl with my own handspun. And boy, do I have a ton to choose from. I have a decent amount of hand-dyed roving left over from when I was selling on Etsy that I want to put to good use. So I am mixing and matching similar colors - mostly blues and purples. Speaking of which - I have the latest plied skein soaking in the sink. Must go get it out!!!

1 comment:

calicokitty6 said...

The cricket socks are pretty. I have the same yarn here. I like the way the sock blank socks came out too.

Purples and blues for your shawl, huh? Sounds like my colors. I would love to see a pic of the spinning when you get a chance. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails