Thursday, May 24, 2007

Plying Time

When I came to the realization that I didn't have as much of the blue roving spun as I thought I said "What the heck - let's start plying now." I know, immediate gratification is my middle name. So when plied, this is what I got. Correction: this is what I got when I plied then knitted the yarn

I used a size 13 needle and I like the drape. At first I wasn't jumping for joy about the combination of the blue with the orange and the yellow. I immediately thought that I needed to knit a swatch to see what it would look like. It's hard to get real results by just looking at a little skein of yarn, right? When I knit it I really liked it. It is unique. And, after all, isn't that why we spin our own yarn anyway????

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails