1. The smells. The cookies baking, the smell of the tree...
2. Looking at the tree at the end of the day. Just sitting with a glass of (fill in the blank) and enjoying the lights.
3. The decorations of others. We don't decorate outside nearly as much as we did years ago but we have a lot of local homes that go over and above and it's lovely to see.
4. The music. How can you not?
5. Eggnog. Hate if you must but we have a local dairy that makes great eggnog.
6. Spiced wine. Brotherhood Holiday Wine to be exact. When I was a kid (probably around 16 or so) we went to a Christmas party and my mom let me taste it and I was hooked. It's hard to find up here but once in a while I can get my hands on it (edit - I found some online yesterday - it will be delivered this week).
7. The memories. It's fun to go through the ornaments from years past reminisce (or in the case of the ornament above, try and remember who gave it to us. It's in a box that says Bermuda on it but we have never been and can't think of anybody else who was in years past).
8. Candles. I light my Yankee Candles every night when I get home. I love how they look (and they smell great too).
9. LaSalette. The locals know what this is. Click on the link to check it out. All I can say is that I wouldn't want to pay their electric bill.
10. Peace. There's a feeling of contentment and good will at this time of year. People tend to be more generous and spread Christmas cheer. I think this one is my favorite.