Monday, June 20, 2016

Ten on Tuesday


Perfectly timed, this is a ToT I can answer fairly quick. I'm obsessed with audio books lately. So is my dad. We had a good laugh while on our cruise. See, my dad had never been much of a reader. He has had macular degeneration his entire life. His eyesight was so poor at one point that the big "E" on the eye chart was a struggle. Over the years it has improved with surgeries. I got him The Game of Thrones books on cd. Then I got him a subscription to Audible. And a book geek was born. He is never without his earbuds nearby. He is often found tuning out his wife. She's ok with it though. 

So here's 10 Things You Can Do While Listening to an Audiobook:

1. Write this blog post. I'm sitting outside in the shade while the dog is playing. 
2. Knit. Obviously.
3. Spin. Weave. Cross stitch. The list is endless. 
4. Exercise. Great treadmill entertainment 
5. Work. If I'm doing some repetitive things at work I can listen to a book at the same time. 
6. Cook. I just did it. Chicken came out great. 
7. Clean the house. It gets me through the mundane tasks. 
8. Fold laundry. Another fun one. 
9. Garden. Even the dreaded weeding. 
10. Drive. I listen to my books a lot while driving. Thank goodness for Bluetooth. 

7 comments:

Bonny said...

I had the same reaction when I read the topic for this week! I'm glad your dad has turned into an enthusiastic reader through audiobooks, and I love your #1!

AsKatKnits said...

Great list! And, weeding is not at all dreaded with a good book in your ears!

kathy b said...

Great list. THis is a very good prompt. I still like reading with the book in my hands..Im slow to change!

Vicki said...

I wish I knew how to knit or crochet, but sadly I never had my mom (who loved to do all things crafty) teach me.

margene said...

Great list! Looks like we have very similar list. Distractions are needed when doing anything work around the house.

karen said...

I listen to podcasts all the time and I love dual tasking!!

Honoré said...

What a great bonus for your father! And that you both can read and share your thoughts about books.Does he also receive books from the Library of Congress' Library for the Blind and Phys Handicapped? It's a free service.
A grand list.
Cheers~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails