Perfectly timed, this is a ToT I can answer fairly quick. I'm obsessed with audio books lately. So is my dad. We had a good laugh while on our cruise. See, my dad had never been much of a reader. He has had macular degeneration his entire life. His eyesight was so poor at one point that the big "E" on the eye chart was a struggle. Over the years it has improved with surgeries. I got him The Game of Thrones books on cd. Then I got him a subscription to Audible. And a book geek was born. He is never without his earbuds nearby. He is often found tuning out his wife. She's ok with it though.
So here's 10 Things You Can Do While Listening to an Audiobook:
1. Write this blog post. I'm sitting outside in the shade while the dog is playing.
2. Knit. Obviously.
3. Spin. Weave. Cross stitch. The list is endless.
4. Exercise. Great treadmill entertainment
5. Work. If I'm doing some repetitive things at work I can listen to a book at the same time.
6. Cook. I just did it. Chicken came out great.
7. Clean the house. It gets me through the mundane tasks.
8. Fold laundry. Another fun one.
9. Garden. Even the dreaded weeding.
10. Drive. I listen to my books a lot while driving. Thank goodness for Bluetooth.