My is a great cook and an even better baker. She's not only good, she loves to do it. On holidays we almost always assign her with the desserts because you know something good will be served. So in playing along with Carole I give you 10 Things Favorite Foods Mom Makes:
1. Chicken with wine sauce. Both of us actually make it - me more often than her because I inherited my grandfathers cast iron skillet. Growing up this was one of the best smells to wake up to.
2. I wish I knew what it was called (and we don't even know where the recipe is) but she made an ice cream topping with cooked apples, brown sugar, brandy and raisins. Oh my gosh - we binged on that for weeks.
3. Roasted potatoes. I don't know what spices she uses but we can't duplicate it.
4. Garlic knots. We miss those since we left NY but mom makes them on Christmas Eve and they are amazing (for those who don't know, they are knots made of pizza dough then baked and rolled in olive oil, garlic and oregano when they come out of the oven).
5. Rice pudding. SO good!
6. Cream puffs. They look like a work of art.
7. My daughter's favorite - Napoleons. These are so much work. But she does it for her granddaughter.
8. Sausage bread. Hers was so good the local Italian grocery store had her making it so they could sell it.
9. Cake - any kind. Hers is the best.
10. Butter cookies. She uses the Spritz Cookie recipe but she puts chocolate in the middle and decorates them with sprinkles and all kinds of pretties.
OK - gotta go find something to eat now.