Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Yarn Along


I noticed people getting ready for this Stopover KAL. It seems like the goal is to get this sweater done ASAP.  I was even stopping at Halcyon in Maine who carried the exact yarn required. I checked out the pattern details on Rav.  It didn't go up to my size. So I opted out. 

I got an email from Carole saying they were publishing larger sizes. That would work. But when I did go to Halcyon they didn't have enough of any color that I liked to make it work. And then I noticed Judy's post. She was making it in handspun. The lightbulb went on and I got to digging in the stash. And Stopover was cast on. 

I started five days later than everyone else and if you can believe it people were actually finished with the sweater by then. Can you imagine?  A sweater in five days?  Actually - I think it was six days but either way my hands would cramp up and be useless after that. 

So I am knitting away. There's gonna be a lot of brown on the blog for a while. 

Joining Ginny

16 comments:

Vermont Grand View Farm said...

Oh but I love brown!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I can not believe it Donna and now am totally intrigued.
Didn't you hear, brown is the new black? I wear a lot of
brown, or I use to until I stopped coloring my hair, now
I wear a lot of red or grey :)
Have fun knitting.

Unknown said...

Don't beat yourself up. It's a simple pattern with not a lot of length, so it's doable at the gauge it's knit at. But why push yourself, enjoy the knitting!

Alina said...

Love these colors! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Carole said...

It sure does go along fast. I'm glad for a couple of snow days - I hope to be finished by the weekend.

flyingjen said...

Five days? Five months maybe! That's crazy fast knitting.

Lisa Uotinen said...

A sweater usually takes me about 5 months! I can't just drop everything and knit for 5 days (although sometimes I am tempted ...)

Elaine said...

I don't think I could knit anything in 5 days! love the warm chocolate brown you are using

kathy b said...

Love the little line of Periwinkle so far

Unknown said...

A sweater in 5 days?! Yikes!

Yours is shaping up nicely, I like the combination of the brown with the blue details

elns said...

Whoa, knit along sweater? Knitting super hero!

dorinalouise said...

Hello Donna, Your sweater will be beautiful. I'll have to stop by to see it finished. You wrote that you visited Montauk 30 years ago . . it's still very pretty but has changed quite a lot since then :)

karen said...

I cannot imagine a sweater in five days....but then I tend to knit with fingering wool. Love your knit and that contrasting color detail!!

Lisa said...

Did they eat? Sleep? Five days? Crazy!!

Katrine Birkenwasser said...

Oh wow, you're really putting some effort into that!

Elizabeth said...

Wow that would be fast! I think yours looks rather lush, I love the colour.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails