Monday, February 1, 2016

Ten on Tuesday - Groundhog Style


I'm writing this before the groundhog actually comes out to greet us all - and let me tell ya, the bugger better not spew garbage about 6 more weeks of harsh winter. I'm not buying it. 

Back to blogging..... I loved the movie Groundhog Day and liked how Carole tied it into today's ToT. Here are 10 Events/Moments/Days I'd Like To Relive;

1. My engagement. I think I was in shock when hubby actually asked me to marry him. After knowing him for so many years as a friend and hearing "I'll never get married" I was kind of surprised when he popped the question after dating for only a year. I would love to relive it. 
2. My wedding. We all know how that day goes by like a flash. 
3. Finding out I was pregnant. I thought it might take me forever to have a baby but I was shocked when I got pregnant immediately. I took the test early in the morning. When I got the positive result I immediately ran to the store and bought a baby bottle, wrapped it up as a forgotten Christmas gift and gave it to my hubby at breakfast. I still have the bottle. 
4. When Nicole was born. C-section. Need I say more?  There were a few blurry days there for sure. 
5. High school graduation. I only remember that it rained and my parents didn't get to see it. They gave the only two tickets we were allowed to my grandparents. 
6. First Christmas with my hubby when we were dating. We flew to FL to surprise his parents. They immediately made me feel like family.
7. First Christmas in RI. It was stressful because we were moving and I was living in NY and hubby was living up here. So when we all got to my brothers house up here and enjoyed the holiday and let the stress go for the day it was great. 
8. The day we got Magnum. He was our first family pup and I don't know who was more excited - us or Nicole. 
9. The last day I was with my brother. I can't even tell you the date because he had been traveling so much but I remember we talked a lot because I knew he would be gone for a while afterwards. 
10. The last day I was with my grandmother. She had been in good health into her 90s and I always treated every visit with her like it would be my last. She would tell stories and tell me how much she loved me and just adored her great grand daughters. She was pretty amazing. The picture above was from her 80th birthday party. She had a blast! 

6 comments:

Carole said...

Wonderful list of special moments, Donna.

Bonny said...

It was wonderful reliving my own memories to make my list and I enjoyed yours almost as much! Looking back on last days are bittersweet, and I love your baby bottle story!

AsKatKnits said...

Such great memories! I really loved this prompt - and I, also, love your baby bottle story! Thank you for sharing such beautiful moments!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

This is such a wonderful post Donna, I loved it all.
Well, that's a lie, not the part about the groundhog, who
I guess you know by now didn't see his shadow so spring is
just around the corner, darn it!

deborah said...

What good memories!

I love the bottle gift to announce your pregnancy. And that you still have the bottle!

Chere Mama said...

I think #6 has got to be the greatest feeling...to be made to feel like family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails