Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Ten on Tuesday



I really haven't written a list of goals for the New Year so Carole's  prompt for today works for me.  5 Things You Want To Do More and 10 Things You Want To Do Less in 2016.  Let's Go!

1.  I want to save more.  I'm not always good at putting extra money away.  Now that the big 5-0 is approaching this year I'm faced with the reality that I only have so many more productive years left. If I want to enjoy the latter part I have to plan now.
2.  I want to spend less.  I'm usually frugal but there's room for improvement.
3.  I want to exercise more.  These old bones get cranky if I'm not active.  I bought a small bicycle that I can do while watching TV and it should be here in a week or so.
4.  I want to eat less processed foods.  Kinda goes with #3.  Makes the body feel better.
5.  I want to watch less fluffy TV.  I don't want to give it up entirely but if I don't watch re-runs of shows I have seen a thousand times I can have more time to
6.  Read more!  Even if it's an audiobook.
7. Complain less.  I'm not a whiny person by nature but I could use an attitude adjustment once in a while!
8.  Craft more.  Different crafts perhaps.  I would like to do a cross stitch if my eyes can handle it.
9.  Less procrastinating.  I have some house projects that I have been putting off for a long time.
10.  More organizing.  Pinterest is my friend, right?


8 comments:

Vicki Knitorious said...

Everyone's lists are SO GOOD!! So many good ideas that everyone can relate to!!

Bonny said...

You've got lots of great more and less here! I know I need to walk more, but it's honestly difficult to do as much as I should in cold, icy weather. I'd be very interested in hearing what you think about your small bicycle after you use it for a while (while watching less fluffy TV!)

Carole said...

Pinterest can help with those things - but it can also be a time suck!

kathy b said...

OH Yeah Pinterest is your FRIENDS

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I think you list is something we can all benefit from. I adore Pinterest and visit there while I eat my lunch.
I have fluff shows I watch, Survivor and The Real Housewives of New York, Orange County and Beverly Hills, I'm not giving them up.

Lisa said...

Great list, Donna! My fluff tv is Downton and whatever else Masterpiece puts out. And I'm not giving them up. :) Someone recommended that I try riding a stationary bike while knitting to get some exercise...I don't know if I could do it, but I guess I won't know unless I try, right? xo

AsKatKnits said...

Pinterest - my black hole of doom... Oh, look something shiny!

But your list is fantastic, and yes to the bike!!

karen said...

I'm all about healthy eating this year, it just has to happen!!! great list :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails