When I saw Carole's prompt this week 10 Interesting Things About Your Community, the first community that came to mind was my fiber community. So here are some fun facts:
1. The gals in the above picture have been meeting for 20 years. Some of them had moms who started the group.
2. We range in age from mid thirties to the mid eighties. And I love listening to the stories of those senior ladies. I learn so much from them (and not just about fiber).
3. The knowledge is amazing. Some just weave, others are great at crochet. Most spin and if you wanted to sew, rug hook, embroider, braid rugs, paint,etc... there is somebody there to help you learn it.
4. We are all animal lovers. I think most have at least one dog. Perhaps a cat or two. A few lucky ones even have sheep or goats.
5. If you are ever thinking of buying some yarn or fiber you will always get support. Always.
6. Not all of us live locally anymore. Some have moved but still get together as much as we can, especially at retreat time.
7. There are many different types of personalities. And they all seem to mesh well together. Which is surprising for a large group of ladies.
8. Spontaneous trips happen. Often. One gal might say "I was thinking of taking a ride......" Within 5 seconds another voice will pop up "I'll drive!". It makes for some fun adventures.
9. Not every gal can make it to spinning nights or retreats. But when we do get together, even if it's once a year, it's seamless. Like we were just with them yesterday.
10. They are all priceless and I don't know what I would do without them!