I love simple. It just makes life easy. And I'm not always good at keeping things that way either. Sometimes you just have to sit back, be quiet and think. I love the ToT that Carole picked this week. It wasn't difficult to come up with this list. 10 Seemingly Ordinary Things That Bring You Joy.
1. The smell of my dog. Strange huh? I love how he smells and since he is my shadow I can usually smell him often. I loved the smell of my yellow lab too. It makes me sad that I can't remember his smell anymore and he's only been gone a few years.
2. Finding different things to photograph. My hubby bought this hibiscus a week ago and I have been having fun with it.
3. My pumpkin iced coffee from Dunkin. It's baaaaaack......
4. Walking into my house and it's already clean. I can sit and relax This doesn't happen often enough though!
5. Sitting around the fire at night. We have been making fires most nights as long as it hasn't been raining. I have been getting some good knitting time in around the fire. I'm not too sure how my FO's will smell though.
6. Playing games with the family. We have been on a Mille Borne kick lately. It has created some late nights.
7. Being out on the deck at night with the lights on. I will either knit or we play games out there. We are trying to come up with a way to extend the season with an outdoor heater. The other issue is finding a way to keep the wind under control. We are working on that now.
8. Getting yarn catalogs in the mail. Webs and Knitpicks are my fun places.
9. Petting our chinchilla. His fur is so soft and you can't help but smile when you tough him. And he loves it too.
10. Ice cream at the end of the day. I find a way to do it most days. And we found a new ice cream place to visit. The Ice Cream Barn. Oh my gosh it is so fresh. A wonderful treat once in a while.