Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Ten on Tuesday



I love simple.  It just makes life easy.  And I'm not always good at keeping things that way either. Sometimes you just have to sit back, be quiet and think.  I love the ToT that Carole picked this week. It wasn't difficult to come up with this list.   10 Seemingly Ordinary Things That Bring You Joy.

1.  The smell of my dog.  Strange huh?  I love how he smells and since he is my shadow I can usually smell him often.  I loved the smell of my yellow lab too.  It makes me sad that I can't remember his smell anymore and he's only been gone a few years.
2.  Finding different things to photograph.  My hubby bought this hibiscus a week ago and I have been having fun with it.
3.  My pumpkin iced coffee from Dunkin.  It's baaaaaack......
4.  Walking into my house and it's already clean.  I can sit and relax  This doesn't happen often enough though!
5.  Sitting around the fire at night.  We have been making fires most nights as long as it hasn't been raining.  I have been getting some good knitting time in around the fire.  I'm not too sure how my FO's will smell though.
6.  Playing games with the family.  We have been on a Mille Borne kick lately.  It has created some late nights.
7.  Being out on the deck at night with the lights on.  I will either knit or we play games out there. We are trying to come up with a way to extend the season with an outdoor heater.  The other issue is finding a way to keep the wind under control.  We are working on that now.
8.  Getting yarn catalogs in the mail.  Webs and Knitpicks are my fun places.
9.  Petting our chinchilla.  His fur is so soft and you can't help but smile when you tough him.  And he loves it too.
10. Ice cream at the end of the day.  I find a way to do it most days.  And we found a new ice cream place to visit.  The Ice Cream Barn.  Oh my gosh it is so fresh.  A wonderful treat once in a while.

14 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

You have a very sweet husband, that hibiscus is beautiful!
I can not wait to have a fire, hopefully soon as today the
heat is back and I'm sick of it.
I have not heard of Mille Borne so will be checking that out.
Okay, what's your favorite ice cream? I like a lot, but
my all time favorite is Butter Pecan and I'm not going
to admit just how much of it I can eat in one sitting.;)

Bonny said...

Games with the family, petting a chinchilla, and ice cream all sound pretty joyful to me. What a happy hibiscus!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Lovely Hibiscus. I have one in my yard, but it's red blooms have just a touch of peach. It blooms every day and it's so cheerful.

deborah said...

The hibiscus is beautiful! I love sitting around a fire. So cozy.....thought the smoke always swirls whatever direction the chairs are! Haha!

A new ice cream place! How fun!

We played Mille Bournes when I was a kid and I loved it. I'm going to have to look it up and get it to play with my kids. It is fun!

Carole said...

Mmm. Ice cream. Did you say something else? LOL. Seriously, great list.

Patty said...

#4 is particularly nice isn't it? I'm going to the beach tomorrow and was thinking maybe ice cream on the way home. Now you've convinced me. :-) And your outside world sounds like a pretty great place!

mamasmercantile said...

Sitting by a fire, games with the family and ice cream all sound idyllic. Great list.

kathy b said...

Love each item on your list! Love campfires. Porch nights. Knitting. Ice cream!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are right about your dog. No matter how many dogs you have, they each have their own smell. I have the collars of a few of mine who have passed, and they smell a little like the dogs, but the smell dissipates over the years.

We just started thinking about doing something different with the back yard, and I want a fire pit - I love the idea of sitting out by a fire, almost year round.

Susan

margene said...

I love your hibiscus! And your list. We miss our Moxie and would love to have a new dog to smell, but we'll wait awhile longer.

elns said...

Mile Borne! I haven't played in forever. Last few times the boys play without me and it gets very exciting (I knit and listen to the commentary on the sidelines) but yes, I love a game night as well.

Fun list thank you for sharing!

karen said...

I love my dog's smell as well so I'm just as weird. I didn't know you had a chinchilla, the secrets that we keep.... Your list could be almost my list!! (except for the chinchilla and gaming night..)

erica said...

we have had a fire ban all summer due to lack of rain.
Your list is wonderful...especially that pumpkin iced coffee (wish there was a Dunkin near me)
Have a great week Donna

elizabeth said...

simple is good!! lovely list! so nice to have game nights!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails