1. Relax and read with my coffee for an extended amount of time in the morning. I do this on most mornings but on vacation there is no time limit.
2. Go to the beach. I tend to stay away from the beach on the weekends so vacation is a perfect time to go and avoid the crowds.
3. Sit outside and knit or spin for an extended amount of time. Again - no time limit.
4. Visit new towns. We have only lived in New England for 18 years and there is so much we haven't seen so day trips are great for that.
5. Go fishing. Again - same as the beach - less crowds (if you are fishing from the shore at least).
6. Go to the drive in movies.
7. Go to an outdoor amusement park. When I was growing up we had a place called Adventureland and it was great. A small amusement park with fun rides and lots of games. My grandparents took us often. I wish I could find a spot like that up here. 6 Flags is way too big for me. 8. Go to the zoo. As long as it's not too hot.
9. Check out the local hiking trails. We have so many around here that I still have not seen.
10. Make my To Do List and tackle it. It usually consists of projects around the house or errands to run (maybe some shopping) but I love having that extra time to do it
What do you like to do on Staycation? Share over at Caroles!