Ah - summertime! It's a short season for us here in the northeast so we do our best to cram in as much as we can while we can do it. So I present to you "10 Things On My Summer Bucket List"
1. Stash Dash. I talked about this already. I'm at about 1800 meters so far. That's lot of knitting and spinning to go. I worked diligently over the weekend as evidenced by the above photo.
2. Go to the movies. We saw Pitch Perfect 2 last night (it was good but not as good as the first one). Next on the list is Jurassic World. I have heard mixed reviews on it.
3. See fireworks. We see them every year right in our own back yard but I like to go see the professional ones. We have tickets to the Pawsox game on July 3rd and they will have some so that makes me happy.
4. Have cotton candy. One of my favorite childhood summertime memories was going to the fair and getting some. I don't do rides anymore so just the cotton candy will do.
5. Make our annual trip to the Cape with our wonderful friends. They rent a house for a week out in Chatham and they are very generous and invite us to stay for a few days.
6. Tour de Fleece. I have some large spinning goals this time around (I have to justify those fleeces that I bought this year and get my older ones spun). And that helps my Stash Dash goals as well.
7. Go to the Jersey Shore. They are having a Memorial Fun Run to benefit the fund set up for my brother's three children. It will take place in south Jersey so I'm looking forward to going back there. I don't think I have been there in over 20 years. Time does fly.
8. Go camping. I have this urge lately and we have the tent so I'm thinking that could be a fun weekend.
9. Read more. I say this every year. Let's see if I can stay awake at night and make it happen.
10. Simply enjoy my summer. Last summer didn't end so well for our family and it's taking a while to recover. But I am learning to laugh more and stress less. Just to enjoy life because you can't take it for granted.
Come join Carole to talk about summer time!