Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ten on Tuesday









I'm back.  And I have tons of vacation pictures to share once I finish getting them organized.  Let me just say that once I got into the groove and left all my stress behind, vacation was wonderful.  

In the meantime, let's have a little Ten on Tuesday, shall we?  This week Carole picked the appropriate 10 Things I Am Thankful For.  

1.  My health.  Seriously - I am healthy with the exception of a few little things that can be controlled and 3 out of 4 grandparents made it to their 90's.  My grandpa is going on 102.  With those genes I am very grateful.
2.  My family.  We aren't perfect and we may be a bit nutty but my husband adores me, my daughter is amazing and my parents are always there for me.  What else can I ask for?
3.  My job.  You can never take that for granted.  I love that I am carrying on my brother's dream.  He lived for this business and I feel honored to be a big part of it.
4.  Knitting.  What would I do without my knitting?  Those airplane rides really would have been boring!
5.  My cameras.  I have learned a lot this past year and am looking forward to delving more into photography.
6.  My pets.  Mowgli and Michaela have not left my side since we got back.  They were both a bit bummed when I left this morning for work.
7.  My niece's and nephew.  My brother left those three children behind and I am so grateful to still have that part of him.  Especially since he had no intentions of having children years ago.  
8.  My iPhone.  I know - I say it all the time.  But they just keep making them better and better.  I love my new 6 plus and the large screen makes it better for these old eyes!
9.  This vacation.  I was so close to cancelling it many times but everyone told me I needed to just go away.  And I'm glad I did.  
10.  A positive outlook on life.  So many people are just so negative.  We all have problems.  Some have more than others.  Being negative just makes it worse.  Just make the best of things!

Have a thankful day!

8 comments:

Bonny said...

I'm glad you're back and very glad you had such a wonderful vacation!

Alzheimer's Wife said...

A wonderful list of thankfulness. AND, thank you for the picture of the palm trees -- we're expecting snow!

Carole said...

You've had a difficult year. I'm glad you can still focus on the positive and be thankful. I know this first holiday will be rough and I will be thinking of you.

Vicki Knitorious said...

That's a terrific list! Happy Thanksgiving!

Ingrid K. said...

Hi Donna!

Glad you had a nice holiday! Welcome back! :)
Here in Belgium the temperatures have also dropped and getting near freezing, brrr!

I like the list you made. It's important to focus on the good things that you got rather than the odd thing that you don't have!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Ingrid xx
http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

elns said...

Oh I love your list! It's perfect. I'm glad you had a good vacation. I'm thankful for your positive post. :)

margene said...

Your #10 is of most importance. Without that the rest of the list would not matter. Enjoy your holiday! Your vacation looks amazing!

karen said...

I wish I could have been your sock :) Glad you had a good time!! Love your thankful list.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails