Tuesday, September 16, 2014

10 on Tuesday

Even though the calendar says it's still technically Summer - it is evident that Fall is on the way. And here are 10 Things I Do To Get The House Ready for Fall:



1. Clear out the garden. Maybe plant a Fall crop. It's pretty cold already so I don't know how well that will work this year. 

2. Get more firewood. Soon it will be wood stove time. 

3. Buy some pumpkins. I may even be able to pick a couple out of my garden this year!

4. Switch my candles. No more beach scents - time for apples and harvest. 

5. Take the AC out of the windows. And let that fresh air in!!

6. Pack away the sprinklers, flower pots, etc till next Spring. It gets real windy around here - especially during the winter so if you don't want to go on a scavenger hunt for your stuff it's better to put it all away. 

7. Clean the wood stove - especially the chimney. 

8. Take out my Autumn decorations. 

9. Make sure my wool socks are all clean and ready to warm my feet (I was actually chilly on Sunday night and put on a new pair of knit socks).

10.  Make sure the down comforter is ready to go and the lighter sheets are off the bed.  Time for those flannels!

Disclaimer: more than half that list will be done by the hubby - lifting the AC out of the window does not fall in my job capabilities.  And I have no problem admitting that one!

Join us over at Carole's!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Reading your list (and Carole's), I find myself getting jealous of states that have a distinct Fall... Here in California, we don't have to worry about nearly as much fall prep as you guys do!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I can not wait for fall/winter to arrive. I love changing out the candles too, cinnamon-apple is a favorite.
My list is mostly for my Mike too so I get it. :)

margene said...

Even though hubbies do much of the work, they usually need supervision, which is our part of the process. This weekend I plan on a trip to the farmers market to pick up some fun pumpkins!

Carole said...

Our lists are incredibly similar this week!

mamasmercantile said...

My list for the week is similar to yours, I love the colours and smells of Autumn.

Lisa said...

I am too deep into finishing summer to even think of participating in the list this week. Fall needs to wait!! But last night when it was dark by 7:50 and a bit chilly, Dan told me it's almost woodstove season...I'm not ready!!
xo Lisa :)

karen said...

september first is when I pull out the fall decorations, no matter the weather! this year the weather is agreeing with my indoor decorations :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails