Thursday, August 21, 2014

Of Shawls Not Blogged About

Well - I know one of them I never blogged about. I think I knit it so long ago I wasn't blogging back then.


It's nothing fancy but the yarn is hand spun from a friend. I blocked it again since it had kinda shrunk over the years. 


Here's my Citron.  This one I may have blogged about back in the day. I knit it out of hand spun singles. The colors really are pretty. 


I really don't use either one so I sent them off to Lisa at Webs so she can donate them to people in nursing homes, or in hospice, new moms, or anyone in general who could use a hug. 

If you have any shawls to donate you can send them to 

Webs Warehouse
Attn: Lisa Gill
6 Industrial Parkway
Easthampton MA 01027

And don't forget to to go the "Knit1HeartToo" group on Ravelry and post a picture of what you sent. You can win some real nice prizes. 


9 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Such a lovely generous thing to do. They were both very pretty.

Heldasland said...

what a wonderful act of kindness. they are both stunning

Unknown said...

So beautiful and generous! I know I have a shawl around here I made and then didn't end up ever wearing. I can't find it. But when I do it's being sent out!

karen said...

I know they will be treasured!! lovely thought and great idea!

elns said...

Beautiful colors thanks for the headsup on a spot to donate!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

What a sweet idea and one I need to contribute to, thanks Donna for telling me about it.

Bonny said...

Just lovely - both the shawls and your generosity!

Mama Shara said...

What a generous idea! They're both beautiful and I'm sure they'll be appreciated wherever they end up..

Unknown said...

How sweet, I may have a shawl or two I could donate. But never my Citron. It was knit with yarn dyed to my specifications. I love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails