Thursday, July 31, 2014

Creative Blog Hop

I was asked to participate in the Creative Blog Hop by the sweet Tracey.  So here goes!

1. What have been the doings/makings/scribbling's
at your desk/making table this week? 

My "desk" these days is the patio table.  This time of year I crave being outdoors in the light. You can find me most mornings knitting and taking photos. Some days you may find me next to my "desk" with my spinning wheel. I'm getting ready to warp my rigid heddle and start playing with that again.  Passing the shuttle back and forth is so meditative.  Especially outside. I occasionally draw although it's not one of my talents! This week has found me back at the dye pots.



2. Where are you currently finding 
your inspiration? 

I have to say I look forward to Wednesdays for Yarn Along. I love looking at the different blogs to see how others are creating. Another source of inspiration are knitting podcasts. Especially the video ones. Ravelry is another source of inspiration but I have to be careful. I can spend as much time browsing instead of knitting. There is Pinterest as well, but I tend to stay off of that because I know that can really be a time sucker.  




3. How important is being creative to you and
how do you blend this with your work- life-
family balance?


My tattoo says it all. It's real important to me to be able to express myself in whatever medium is making me happy at the time. I always wonder what people who don't have hobbies do with their time?  As far as balance I just make it a priority. I'm at the point in my life where my baby is grown up so I have more time to myself. I do work full time so I don't have as much time as I would like but I keep ME a priority. My house is sometimes chaotic and there might be dirty dishes in the sink but at the end of my life I want to be able to say that I did what made me happy. I don think anybody will give me an award for having an impeccable home. And I wouldn't want it that way. 

And now it's my turn to tag my friends.  So Carole and Lisa - you're on!  I can't wait to see what you have to say.  



6 comments:

Carole said...

I love posts like this, I think it provides great insight into your creative process. Thanks for tagging me, I will do this next week.

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I love where you create Donna, it sounds just perfect. I forgot that you also weave. I have a loom that looks just like it did when it arrived; I really need to fix that.
Thank you for letting us peak into your creative world my friend.

karen said...

I agree with Tracey! Creating outside is a wonderful place during the summertime. I love how you tied in your tattoo with the question as well. I think we all bounce off of each other's creativity in this blog world and it's kind of nice :)

steph said...

I'd love to be outside doing my creative business....but i'm afraid the mosquitoes and the heat drive me in; it sure was fun to see a bit of your creative space and learn more about you!!! (a weaver, TOO!!!) Do tell----what is in the dye pot???? lovely colors!

Unknown said...

Love your dye job! Can't wait to see the finished color.

Lisa said...

Thank you for sending this my way, Donna! My August has been so full thus far, but I'm hoping to post by the end of the week, maybe for Monday. It's sunny here this weekend, though, so I might be out climbing a local mountain!! Stay tuned...
xo Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails