The three day weekend was wonderful. And Memorial Day weekend is my favorite three day weekend because it is the beginning of the summer. And it usually falls on my birthday. So lots of reasons to be happy. So what did I do? Here's 10 Things I Did This Weekend:
1. Celebrated the birthday. Me and my best friend Lisa celebrate together every year. Hers falls on the 24th and mine on the 25th. We went to Twin River and saw one of my favorite bands. Till about 3 AM. Saturday was a tired day for sure.
2. Obviously slept a little later than usual. It felt pretty good too.
3. Had a wonderful birthday dinner prepared by the hubby on Sunday with lobster tails and steak. It was heavenly.
4. Went to an arts and crafts show with Nicole. She bought a ring and I got a bracelet. It felt great to be outside in the sun.
5. Got some flowers planted in the flower boxes and planters. Finally.
6. Spent lots of time outside with the dog. Now that hes around 18 months old he is getting better about staying in the yard with us. Our last dog would stay out there for hours and never leave. This little guy liked to wander last year so we weren't sure how this would work out. He is getting the hang of it though.
7. Worked on my latest shawl. It's a bit confusing and I about ripped it all out Saturday night but calm thoughts prevailed Sunday morning and I was able to work through my mistake. More details on that tomorrow.
8. Went out for ice cream. The first trip to the Moose Cafe of the summer. And the first trip in a while since cleaning up my eating. It tasted wonderful even though it was sugar free.
9. Got a pedicure. It had been a while and I just love sitting in that seat getting my feet rubbed.
10. Relaxed a bit. Other than going out Friday night we had no planned activities. It made for a peaceful weekend and I'm ready to face the week. Well, except the cold I caught. Oh well - it was almost perfect.
How was your weekend? Join us over at Carole's!