Thursday, March 6, 2014
I'm in a random mood. Ideas zipping through my head - I'll put some down here. Maybe it will organize my thoughts a bit. Maybe it will be entertaining. Maybe it will totally prove I have adult onset ADD (I didn't have it as a child - I was the kid who could sit with a book for hours and be happy).
1. Ingot is done and is blocking. I had to rinse it in vinegar about 8 times to stop the yarn from bleeding. It was ridiculous.
2. I'm sure the cat is sitting on it while I'm at work today.
3. I got a reminder today about a sweater spinning class I'm taking with Amy King in 2 weeks. I'm so excited. I also just realized that there goes my resolve to not buy any new fiber till CT Sheep and Wool.
4. I was considering going to see the Yarn Harlot in Brookline on Tuesday night. I'm not sure if I'm up to battling Boston traffic on a Tuesday evening. But I really want to see her.
5. Nicole and I got the Fitbit Flex over the weekend and we are having fun with them. While she can get to 10,000 steps easily at work it is definitely a challenge for me. And that makes me go for a walk, which is a good thing.
6. I'm wearing my orange Brickless today and I still love it. I want to knit another one. But since I want it to be teal, I think I will spin some fiber I have and use that - using stash makes me excited.
7. I am really wanting to knit Viajante - another Martina Behm pattern. It uses lace weight yarn and I do have some in my stash. Still pondering the whole thing. Might be a good summer project.
8. I think I will plant my seeds for my Dye Garden this weekend. We still haven't quite figured out what part of the yard I am taking over for this project. Or how I am keeping the dog out of it.
9. Did anybody read about this 18 year old who is suing her parents? Entitlement much?
10. I convinced my mom to go with me to the new Paint and Vino next month. She really knows how to paint and does it well so I will probably leave there feeling like a slacker. We should have some good laughs though.
So what's new with you?