I think one of my favorite things about the holidays are the traditions we celebrate year after year. And when one Italian marries another Italian you can guarantee food is a big part of it. Some of our traditions are not Italian, but they are ours and that makes them special to us.
1. Bake cookies. We do the usual but we add some Italian favorites like Strufoli. We take the same dough and make crescent cookies too.
2. Italian cheesecake. This is my dads favorite and we have it for breakfast Christmas morning.
3. 7 fishes on Christmas Eve. My husband takes care of this one. The shrimp is my favorite.
4. Holiday Wine. It's not as easy to find here as it was in NY but it is darn good. Especially when you warm it up!
5. Going to Lasallette to see the lights. We added this tradition when we moved here. It has grown into quite the display!
6. Making the Advent Wreath. When we lived in NY this was a big celebration the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We carried it up here, although not as many of us gather to do it. It's still something we look forward to. And we have simplified the wreath making.
7. St. Nicholas Day. We didn't do this as kids but as Nicole was growing up we decided it would be a nice tradition.
8. Making crafts. Besides the obvious knit-a-thon that goes on during the month of December Nicole & I pick something out to craft together.
9. Making Irish Cream liquor. Definitely not Italian but it is yummy!!
10. Italian Wine Biscuits. We have never done this before but everybody seems to love them at our house and I think we are going to give them a try.
So tell us about your traditions. And visit Carole to see the traditions of others.