I'm in denial but Thanksgiving is about 2 weeks away. We host it every year so this is my holiday. Hubby does most of the cooking, but I'm all about the side dishes. And here are my 10 Favorite Side Dishes for Thanksgiving.
1. Onion Shortcake. Its actually cornbread with corn, onions, and cheese and it is delicious. I make this every year.
2. Stuffing. My mom makes this with sausage.
3. Mashed potatoes. The kind with tons of butter and cream.
4. Sauteed baby portabella mushrooms. My hubby does this one: saute the whole mushrooms in butter then add breadcrumbs, garlic and a little balsamic.
5. Yorkshire pudding. I usually make this when we have prime rib, but I have made it the last couple of years for Thanksgiving. I love those little pop overs!
6. Caesar salad. We get the box mix, but it tastes great. In the summer we actually make dinner out of that alone.
7. A veggie tray. In the shape of a turkey. Nicole does this every year.
8. Gnocci with pesto sauce. We're Italian. Pasta has to be served.
9. Sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top. Not my favorite, but everyone else seems to like it.
10. Fresh cranberries. I love making this simple dish.
Share your ideas over at Carole's!