Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Nakniswemo

So I had this great idea after seeing this hashtag on Instagram that I would knit a sweater this month.  I cast on for my hubbys Christmas sweater and my intention was to finish it before the end of November  anyway.
I have knit this sweater before.  Once in baby size and once in my size.
Both times I completed the sweater in under a month.  How difficult could this be?  It should be a lay down. I should be at the sleeves already according to my plan.  But I'm not.
There's one thing I forgot about.  The time change.  By the time I sit down to knit at night I am falling asleep with the needles in my hands.  Work has been crazy with deadlines so I haven't been able to take lunch lately.

I'm still getting it done.


9 comments:

karen said...

I am still waking at four in the morning :) Love the sweater in a month deal, seems we are of like minds these days :)

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I am still having a hard time going off day light savings time too, and this is the one I like! I went to bed last night at 9:30, unheard of for me.
Good luck with the sweater, you can do it!

Deborah Hamilton said...

That's a very cute sweater, and I'm sure you'll finish it on time. I know what you mean about the time change. Add that to the sun going down earlier, too, and I'm falling asleep around 8pm. I think it's something like jet lag. HA!

steph said...

you still have DAYS and DAYS left (over 50?)...no problems!!!

Carole said...

See? Just another reason to hate the time change!

calicokitty6 said...

The time change is playing havoc with me this year as well. I find myself falling asleep in the recliner with my knitting, and waking up earlier too.

I love the yarn you are using for hubby's sweater. Pat won't let me knit him one. :(

Anonymous said...

Love the yarn you're using. You can finish it!

Deb Hickman said...

Love the yarn and colour, everybody seems to be knitting sweaters. I really want to cast on my first ever adult sweater, soon. I have the yarn, I just need to find the perfect pattern, now. Have a good week. Deb x

Anonymous said...

I'm in awe of those of you taking on that challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails