Thursday, September 19, 2013

Evening Run

Run?  Eh - probably more like a walk with some running thrown in for fun.  Actually, it has been fun.  I downloaded Zombies Run 5K Training and it has been a blast.  
I always wanted to try running but I was afraid.  I was afraid I would hurt myself and that there was no way somebody my size could run.  I was wrong.  I can run.  And I have been.  It starts out real easy.  Basically 10 minutes of walking, then 1 minute walking/15 seconds running drills.  Then it builds from there.  
I usually go in the evening.  I started at sunset the other night and took some pictures along the way.
This is the bike path on the new Sakonnet River Bridge.  And hey, if you want to run and not be noticed - isn't running on the state highway a great place to do it? 
I love the lights on the bridge as the sun goes down. 
I'm getting a bit nervous knowing it's going to get real cold and windy soon and I need to come up with a plan for that.  

One mile at a time I guess.  


5 comments:

Carole said...

Oh, Donna! I am so proud of you for doing this! You go girl!

karen said...

Go you!!! I walk and I bet I could run if someone chased me ;) great photos!!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Wonderful Donna! Yes, just one mile at a time and when it gets cold just add a jacket.
I have been trying to get my sisters to run, but so far no luck. I will be passing on the zombie thing to them and hopefully that will help.

Anonymous said...

Yay for doing this. I have the regular Zombies Run app and I love it. Keep it up!

Bonny said...

I love that you take the time to take some great pictures on your run. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails