I really do love summertime despite all the complaining I have been doing lately because of the heat. But seriously, if I have to spend my summer in air conditioning because it's too humid to be outside, I do not expect to be dealing with snow covered roads during the winter. I could live down south if I wanted a hot hot summer. I'm complaining again aren't I?
So here are my 10 Favorite Summertime Treats
1. Snowcones. I just turn into a big kid during the summer.
2. The beach. Specifically dinner at the beach. I love to go to the ocean when the sun is setting and enjoy dinner, which is usually some fried chicken.
3. Knitting on the deck. I wait all year for this. I love the natural light and watching the birds while I'm creating.
4. Staying up late. Nicole is out of school during the summer and we have fun staying up late and watching movies or just catching up on the DVR. She's working now so we haven't been able to do it much. Boo.
5. Going fishing. Or clamming. I haven't done much fishing the past couple of years but I want to try and rig up the poles before the end of the summer. Even if we just fish off the dock. It doesn't look like we will be putting the boat in the water this year. Hubby has been working non-stop lately.
6. Hanging around the firepit. I can't believe we haven't done that much this year either. I love it even more when marshmallows are involved.
7. Going out to the Cape. Our best friends rent a house in Chatham every year and we are lucky enough to get invited. It's fun to explore different areas out there. Growing up in NY we spent a lot of time in the Hamptons which is very similar, so the Cape feels like home to me.
8. Outdoor fairs and carnivals. Cotton Candy anybody?
9. Drive in movies. How can you beat a double feature? Where else can you find that?
10. Waterfire. Click on the link to find out what it is. If you are a local, you need to do it at least once.
Joining Carole for the fun!