10 Things I'd Do If I Won the Big Powerball Jackpot
1. Call my attorney. Pronto. The next phone call would be to my step-mom who would do the investing for me, since that's what she does for a living.
2. I'm not terribly attached to my house, and we still have a lot of work to do to it, so I'm thinking I would sell it and buy another one. With a huge garage for hubby, lots of land for the dog (and the rest of the critters I would probably get), a separate apartment for Nicole, and a fiber studio for me.
3. Give to my family. I would want my parents to be able to retire (my dad already is, my mom, step-mom and step-dad all still work). I would make sure they had enough money to do that and enjoy life. We would do the same for my in-laws of course and my aunt and uncle.
4. Of course I would take care of Nicole. College would be paid for and a trust would be set up for her when she reaches a certain age.
5. Research the charities that I would want to support, or perhaps found my own.
6. While I would quit my job, although I love it, I could do without the daily stress. I would probably start my own business (fiber related for sure). At least I could control the stress if it's my own. I just don't ever picture myself NOT going to work. I would only have to be there part time, because I could hire all the help I need. And I'm sure finding some
7. Buy a motor home. I would love to pack everybody up and head west and explore that part of the country.
8. New cars for all. I don't really have a dream car. I seemed to have lost that gene, much to my father's dismay.
9. There would lots of travel. Italy and Hawaii would be at the top of the list.
10. I might even need to buy a vacation home or two in those places.