Tuesday, January 15, 2013
10 On Tuesday
I have found that the key to making progress with goals is looking back at the list and keeping yourself in check. With that in mind, today's 10 on Tuesday is "10 Ways to Stick to Your Fitness Routine".
1. Mix it up a bit. Boredom can set in easily. Change it up if necessary.
2. Get the right equipment. I realized that if I wanted to keep up with my walking routine that I would have to get new sneakers. I think mine were about 4 years old - and they looked it.
3. Treat yourself. For a while I had been wanting really good earbuds. So I indulged myself with some of my Christmas bonus. They are awesome!
4. Find a buddy who will keep you accountable. It's tough to not show up if somebody else is counting on you.
5. Be realistic. I would love to go for a run. If I do that I probably won't last much more than a few minutes and end up injuring myself. Set small goals and build on that. I'll get there. Baby steps....
6. Join a group. Whether it's a class or just meeting up with others. It makes it more fun. And it's a great way to make friends.
7. Have an alternate plan. If you plan on running outside but it's raining don't stay inside and do nothing. Come up with a Plan B.
8. Journal your progress. You can do that online or just in a simple journal. It's tough to see where you going if you don't remember where you have been.
9. Do what you love. If you hate the treadmill you will probably not do it. Try the elliptical, go for a bike ride, take a class.
10. Make it convenient. If you decide to join a gym that is so far out of the way you will never go. Find what works for you.
What ideas do you have?