Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Wow - it's Thursday again?  Time flies.  And that is kind of what my thankfulness is about today.

A couple of weeks ago Nicole and I went shopping to get shoes for her Homecoming Dance.  Her last Homecoming Dance in high school.  Sigh.....  We looked at all the options and she found a pair she really liked.  Right next to it was a little black toddler-sized shoe.  And it got me thinking - how did we go from buying those tiny black shoes to these silver heels?
Like how did this happen overnight?  I know it hasn't been an overnight change.  It has been happening gradually.  Over the last 17 years.  And I have to say, although the time has flown by, I have enjoyed every minute of it and don't feel like I missed anything.  I don't have any "what ifs" now that she is almost an adult.  Every year that passed I thought "Oh, this is the funnest age yet", and the following year it got better.  Now don't get me wrong - the teenage years have been "interesting", to say the least.  But very fun at the same time.

I am thankful that I haven't missed any of her growing up and enjoyed the process.  Don't blink - it goes by before you know it!

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

It definitely goes by fast but you are right, enjoying every stage and age is the key.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails